- Visit with a lender to determine your price range
- Choose a Realtor you are confident will do the best job for you
- The Clarke Agency will help you find homes in your price range
- Drive by those homes and have The Clarke Agency make arrangements to see those of interest
- View the properties and evaluate the pros and cons of each
- Have your Realtor complete a purchase offer contract on the home you would like to purchase
- When the offer is accepted, schedule inspections and begin delivering all required documents to your lender
- Review the title commitment, make sure inspections are satisfactory, and get loan approval
- The Clarke Agency will coordinate with you and the seller in setting up a time and place for closing
- Schedule utilities to be changed into your name and initiate an address change
- Acquire homeowners insurance
- Obtain the precise amount of your down payment and closing costs from The Clarke Agency and get a cashier’s check or wire transfer of fundsWelcome mat
- Bring your driver’s license and down payment funds to closing
- Sign documents
I agree with you in that it is always a good idea to hire a real estate agent you trust to help you buy a house. It makes sense that doing this can help you find the best deal for you and make sure you stay within budget. Personally, I would want to find an agent that is not afraid to help me understand how the market works and when the best time to buy a house is.
Thank you for the post on the steps in buying a home. I definitely agree that the first step should be meeting with a lender to determine your price range. You want to get pre-approved for any loans so you can determine the budget you want to set and know which homes to be looking for.
Thanks for the helpful list of steps to taking when buying a home. My wife and I are getting ready to buy a new home, so this will definitely come in handy. I like that you suggest getting an inspection scheduled after an offer is accepted on the home. I don’t want to leave any problems with the house before we hand over the keys, so we’ll be sure to do this.
Thank you for suggesting that you should make sure to acquire homeowners insurance. My husband and I are having our second child and want to buy our first home and get out of our apartment. Hopefully, we can find a home we love in the area.
My parents are planning to buy a real estate property as a retirement investment. It was explained here that when planning to buy a real estate property, it’s best to find experts who can help them. Furthermore, it’s ideal to consult with professionals when planning to buy real estate.
My husband and I are wanting to buy our first home and couldn’t be more excited. Thank you for pointing out that we should make sure and list the pros and cons of each property. I’ll have to keep this in mind as we continue to search for the right house for us.
Thank you for pointing out that you need to visit with the lender. I’m wanting to buy my own home and need to find the right one. I’ll have to do some research and find the best home for me.